- Professional development assistance.
- Affordable on-island accommodation.
- Inclusion of staff food at the Tangalooma resort.
- Discount on all on-island PADI courses.
- Free equipment hire and Tangatours tours.
- Discounts on equipment and Tangatours tours for close family.
- Access to all resort facilities and value on all Tangalooma tours.
- Discounted ferries from and to Brisbane.
- Opportunities to join the Dolphin Care Team.
- Personal skills development with support for additional certifications.
On island living:
- +- 1-hour ferry to Brisbane, running a minimum of 3 times a day.
- On-island services: Restaurants, bars, medical, police and postal.
- Proximity to nature with a diversity of flora and fauna.
- Access to Various Tangalooma Resort Facilities and tours such as pools, quads and island tours.
- Relaxation: Living on the island offers peacefulness.
- Community: Living on the island provides the opportunity to become a part of a tight-knit community
- Health Benefits: Being surrounded by nature and outdoor activities has a positive impact on physical and mental health.
- Sub-tropical Paradise with plenty of activities.
As a watersports and outdoor guide at Tangatours, your primary duty is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of your guests during their time in the water. The role includes assessing their skill level and providing appropriate instructions and guidance on equipment usage, techniques, and safety procedures. You will participate in snorkel tours, kayak tours, Stand-up-paddle tours and many more activities.
As a Tangatours guide, your primary duty is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of your guests in activities such as Segway’s, Boat Cruises and Parasailing. The role includes assessing their skill level and providing appropriate instructions and guidance on equipment usage, techniques, and safety procedures. On top of that, you’ll be heavily involved with check-in procedures and general admin tasks. Knowledge of local marine biology is a big bonus in becoming a Tangatours Guide.
As an administrative professional for Tangatours, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth operation of our day-to-day activities. You will be responsible for various administrative tasks, including scheduling appointments, managing customer inquiries, bookkeeping, coordinating with suppliers, and maintaining records and databases. You must have excellent organisational and communication skills and prior admin experience to succeed in this role. The administrative position requires on-island living as you will also be trained as a tour guide for various tours within the company.
The Coxswain Internship at Tangatours is a work exchange position. It includes free accommodation, food and transportation. You develop boating skills and knowledge through hands-on experience and training throughout your personalised trajectory. The Internship will focus on learning and practising essential coxswain skills, such as safety procedures, radio communication, and emergency response. At the end of your program, you’ll receive a Coxswain certification and valuable experience to help you advance your career in the boating industry.
As a dive instructor at Tangatours, your primary duty is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of your guests during their diving experience. The role includes assessing their skill level and providing appropriate instructions and guidance on diving equipment usage, techniques, and safety procedures. In addition to leading dives, you will also be responsible for planning and organizing diving courses and certifications and assisting with equipment maintenance and care. You will need to have a strong understanding of local diving conditions and hazards and be able to adjust your plans accordingly. (minimum requirements: PADI OWSI)
The Divemaster Internship at Tangatours is a work exchange position. It includes free accommodation, food, transportation, essential dive gear and all your certifications to become a Divemaster. You develop practical and theoretical dive skills and knowledge through hands-on experience and training throughout your personalised trajectory. Moreover, as you become part of the Tangatours family, you’ll also learn how to operate both the Tangatours and Watersports tours! (minimum requirements: Open-Water Certification)
As a Skipper at Tangatours, your primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our guests during their boating experiences. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining our vessels to the highest standards, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and safety procedures. Tangatours offers tours on boats such as glass-bottom boats, pontoon boats and a parasail boat. Previous experience and holding a Coxswain certification is a must!